The Chamber operates as a partnership of businesses and organizations working together. It is a central agent in corralling the forces of the community for its improvement and development–in business, industry, and the professions.
The Allegany County Chamber was organized in 1914 to advance the interests of business in this community. Today, 350 members partner to bring valuable business resources, advocacy for special projects and legislation, and community development issues to the forefront to enact positive change across the region.
All who desire to improve the climate for business and the community at large are eligible for membership; by firm or by individual, in business, industry, the professions, or the non-profit arena. A membership in the Chamber is an investment in a better life in Allegany County.
An elected Board of Directors, made up of community-wide leaders, sets the policy for the organization and oversees its standing committees of volunteers through an appointed chairperson.
The Executive Director carries forth the directives of the Board and supervises the Executive Assistant and Administrative Assistant.
The Chamber’s role is community development. Through aggressive support for existing and potential industry and trade, through sponsoring civic activities which aid in community growth, and by working with policy and permitting channels at the federal, state and local government levels, the Chamber aims toward a business-friendly, community-conscious society. Teamwork and partnerships allow the Chamber to convey extensive influence in the areas of healthcare, education, economic development, and tourism.
The Allegany County Chamber of Commerce is at work for our region!